I just want to take the time to vent about how sad people make me. What happened to kindness, thoughfulness, generosity, purity, genuinity, and sweetness? It hurts to see the pain that people cause others to feel. Take a brief moment and just evaluate what is important to you. What have you taken for granted recently? If someone means something to you, say it! If they did something nice for you, thank them! Do something kind and selfless for someone you care about today. Hold the door for someone, offer a helping hand, buy someone a thank you card for no reason, let someone know they mean something to you. Hold someones hand today. Make someone smile, lift someone's spirits. Send someone flowers. Let someone know that you're there for them, whenever they need you. If you have a girlfriend/wife- tell her she's beautiful today. Remind her you love her. Don't just say it, show it. Kiss her hand, hold her close, and appreciate everything about her. If she's sad, make her smile. If she's scared, hold her and let her know it's okay. Give her a back massage. Hold her close and kiss her softly without making it just a way to have sex. If you have a boyfriend/ husband, tell him you appreciate all he does for you. Leave a sweet note somewhere he will find it. Buy him dinner this time. Get him a bottle of his favorite cologne. Do a chore that he would typically do. Give him a back massage. Tell him you love him. Too many marriages fail because people have become so self absorbed and ungrateful. Too many people see only see the bad in everything, without acknowledging the good. Too many people have been too distracted by the illusions of everyday life to see what really matters. No wonder half the world is on anti-depressants. Once you see that the things that cause worry are just a distraction, you can finally smile and feel free. It's too easy to get accustomed to someone being there for you, and to not show appreciation. I just want to say that it's the littlest things that matter. The tiny gestures. I guess I feel like I give and give so much that it becomes expected, underappreciated, and never returned. I don't do things because I want something in return, of course, I do it makes me happy to make others happy- but it makes me sad to see it rarely reflected back.. :( We go through our lives not saying how we feel, not saying exactly what we mean, and it leads to not knowing exactly what we want. Be bold in your feelings, and be outspoken and honest in all that you think. Do not be afraid of what other people will think about you, because it's not about them. I am making it a goal to say what I mean, speak how I feel, and act in accordance with exactly what I want to be, do and have. You can ask me any question, and get a straight answer. I am open, honest, and have no reason to hide anything about myself from others. Hiding something admits shame in who we are, and I do not have room in my life for shame. I realize that people look at me like I am weird, odd, a 'freak', for the things I say, or the things I do, but it's only they can't figure out why I can say the things they've only thought about saying, or why I do things that they couldn't see themselves doing. Or worse, just don't understand.I guess I feel it's not enough sometimes to understand myself, but it would be nice to have someone else understand me to. Someone to be there.
0 comments:
Post a Comment