I've finally figured it out. In 9th grade I wrote a three page theory what my thoughts on love were. So, I'm going to just write a brief summary of those thoughts here, because I heard a very similar view on the Conversations with God cd's.
Okay, so love has become such a transaction. I say that because most people jump into relationships based on a 'give and take' perception. So many people, and who can blame them of course, seek love to fill a void in their own lives. To be needed by someone else, and to have someone else to need. Like a secret insecurity. People desire to have that feeling of knowing that someone loves you- someone that validates you. There is a need to feel worthy of love, and of course this is fine and well. We all seem to need that little boost. However, when love takes on this theory, it becomes so involved with requirements, and expectations of the other person. Which often leads to disappointment, and then resentment. Which leads to cheating partners and spouses, or staying in a relationship because you feel you can't let the other person down. It makes it very hard to make a relationship based on needs work.
The most basic and simple of human emotions has become the complex expression.
I want and believe a relationship that is formed not because the you need each other, but you willfully and happily want to be with each other. Two people that are equal in their own happiness with themselves, and filled with so much love and joy that their only desire is to share that with the other, in hopes they too may experience it. Two souls who require no expectations because they are simply not needed. Love should build one another to higher levels, and help to express each others higher selves. It feels a little contradicting because I think that while each should not desperately need the support of the other, it should just simply be there... I'm still working on this concept (for my own understanding), and it can be so hard to take thoughts and type or write them out. It's almost like words really can't describe it because of such a limited vocabulary.
A lot of this has evolved from what I had already thought and knew for myself as a truth, but have that great "ah hah!" moment when I heard bits and pieces of it. It's like building a puzzle. It sounds crazy, but it's like God or divine energies laying all the information I need right in front of me, and leaving the gaps to be filled. Not just on this matter of course, but all of the things I wonder about.
I guess all the pieces will one day form a beautiful realization of who I am.
0 comments:
Post a Comment