Okay, just needing to organize my thoughts into words i can refer back to... So where to start.. I want to keep my mind focused on the things that are important to me. It's so easy to get distracted in everyday life by the things that are only illusions of importance.
So, what is important? To me, right now I am seeking knowledge. I am looking for fulfillment of the soul- satisfaction of my spirit... I want to be in a state of awareness. It's funny because it's like your soul plays "hot/cold" with you at all times.. You can feel when you're on the path your collective consciousness wants you to be on- like it gets excited when you are near discovering or obtaining or finding what you're looking for. And when you're not close, you feel that depression or sadness set in. That 'lost' feeling. When you stray, your body and mind and spirit lose that connection to what you want.
On a beautiful note, I have recently found what feels like the biggest missing piece of my life.
My spirit has craved another person to feel close to. To connect with. To see and feel myself within someone else. To describe how it felt to want this is like... being extremely thirsty- maybe after a night of drinking where you wake up and feel like you could drink a river. All you want is the biggest glass of ice water. You crave water like a desert. It's like that. But not ever getting the water. You know that you're thirsty. Or it's like being a smoker with no cigarettes...ever. And you want a cigarette soooo bad.. You know there's a pack somewhere, but you don't have it. Or even when you leave the house, and you know you're forgetting something. Or walk into your room and know something is missing. Somethings gone, and even though you might not realize what it is, you miss it constantly until you find it. I literally had felt like a part of me was out there drifting somewhere else and I wouldn't be whole until I found it... *100 analogies later*...Well, I found it. I'm sure this may come across as really sappy/mushy, but this person quite literally satisfies my soul.. Right as I began to lose faith, right as I was giving up- the most beautiful person appeared- right on time...
So, in attempt to show exactly how I can never deny the law of attraction/ cosmic energies/ connected consciousness, I am going to try to describe how every aspect of this is proof of universal perfection... Here we go.
So, (once upon a time:)), there was a me. I wasn't always out to find love, and as most do, I wasn't sure if 'true' love even existed. But, sooner or later, everyone craves to have someone to love, and to be loved by. I went to a seminar by Jack Canfield and did exercises for the law of attraction by writing down and focusing on what you wanted in you life. Your thoughts create your reality. So, I would write down my perfect relationship. My perfect partner. I would write that I wanted someone romantic, deep, who I could connect with and laugh with. I wanted someone who felt like they couldn't hold me close enough. Someone who was perfect for me. With similar views, who I would talk to about anything. The purpose of the exercise is to be specific. I never imagined that the universe would be that specific..
So, at this point I'm still practicing positivity, really dedicating myself to changing my life. For a couple weeks, I had really wanted to go buy a necklace that had a heart shaped lock and key. Don't know why, that's how I am. I'll want something for no reason and just go find it. So, I looked for a couple weeks, and found one. When I bought it, I felt like my heart couldn't be unlocked. But I liked the idea of someone having the key to my heart.
Now, I was in a relationship at this point. And even though there was love there, it was like craving steak and getting tofu. (again with the cheesy analogies).. Even though I wasn't happy, I figured that that's just the way love worked. We were planning on moving out, and had been looking at places. Even though we were fighting constantly, and nothing else seemed to be going right, we were going to put a deposit on a condo.
Without going on to make this a full length novel, everything was going downhill. I had just lost my previous house, going through financial stress, and despite the 'positive outlook' and optimistic attempts, I was seriously losing faith that things could ever get better, if they never had in the past.. I was so tired.. Without the life story, it's hard to see it for what it was to me- but I could only take so much. So, with my own beliefs and ideas, I made a certain decision that I felt good about, even if no one else would have. It would have been selfish, but I felt like I deserved to do one thing for myself. There were a few things to take care of beforehand, which would have taken about a week.
Right on time. I had very last minute decided to go to a party my cousin was having, because I hadn't seen him in a long time. And, that's where I found my missing piece. Never thought I'd find what I was looking for at keegans. So, here's this guy, who I had met once before a long time ago, being that he was cousin's best friend since forever, who I didn't know would be the one to show me that things do happen for a reason, and true love does exist. We talked from there, and within an hour of hanging out, my usually careful, often cautious heart was his.
So, what makes this different than any other relationship? Besides the fact that every cell in my body was electrified when I was near him- besides the fact that my soul's hot/cold radar was screaming "you're hot!"- aside from finally feeling like I got that water, or drag of a cigarette, or remembered what I forgot, or finally found and realized that thing I was missing- apart from allllllllll of that, my proof lies in all the little things that came next.. How perfectly our bodies fit together, no matter what. How he said he couldn't hold me close enough. How he said 'like a puzzle' when we were intertwined perfectly, and I had just drawn a heart with a missing puzzle piece a week before we met. How he told me he loved me by showing me a list he made of his desires so similar to a list i had made of my own; with "finding true love" and saying that was me... How he asked about my heart and key necklace, and said he wanted the key.. Or how he had taken an amber stone I've had for years that I wanted to eventually have set into jewelry, and had it made into a necklace for me.
In the past two months, I have felt truly whole. Finally complete. I have felt inspiration, passion, perfection, happiness, connection, gratitude. I have seen everything more clearly- more beautiful. Like it was meant to be seen. Not only because of being in love- but even the simplicity of the feeling itself is incredible. I mean that- the beauty of feeling anything. When you can truly appreciate and understand that, you can find appreciate all things.
So, true love really does complete you. True love shows you that perfection is not by definition impossible- but undeniable. Love is following the string tied to your heart until you find the other heart it is tied to.
1.13.2010
Missing Piece
Labels: love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment